We may be a month away from the 2016 March School holidays but I’m already making plans to make it a fun filled break for Sophie who’s just started Primary School. She had a few suggestions of her own like organizing a get together with her friends from her childcare whom she misses so much, taking her swimming and even coming to my office to intern. But what she’s doesn’t know, is that I’ll be surprising her and taking her to Disney On Ice’s presents Magical Ice Festival when they come to Singapore in March!
Okay, I’ll admit I’m also looking forward to the show myself because it’s DISNEY. Like so excited! *does a happy dance*
And like they say, being a parent now gives me a legit excuses to gush over Disney like a five-year old. So totally no judging if you’re a Disney fan like me too.
I can still remember how excited Sophie was when we took her to Disney On Ice’s Treasure Trove two year ago. She was all dressed up as her favourite Disney Princess Belle and was entralled by the performers who waltzed, skated and danced so gracefully to the various well loved Disney stories.
Disney on Ice presents Magical Ice Festival
“By pulling together moments from classic Disney stories to the newest feature film sensation Frozen and combining them with elements of comedy and music, we developed a truly unique way to re-tell each fairytale,” says Producer, Juliette Feld.
“In our more than 30 years of producing Disney On Ice shows, Feld Entertainment has been waiting for a film like Frozen,” says Producer, Nicole Feld. “”he most exciting part of bringing characters like Anna and Elsa to the ice for the first time is knowing that they have a powerful and inspiring message that resonates with audiences as the sisters discover the true meaning of love.”
Here are 10 magical moments behind Disney On Ice to get you all geared up for the show.
1. Disney On Ice was founded in 1981 and has since travelled to over 75 countries and 6 continents
2. The average size of the ice skating surface is 140ft [42m] x 70ft [21m]
3. There are approximately 180 costumes presented at one Disney On Ice show
4. And more than 100 people work on these costumes
5. It takes 18 trucks to transport all production equipment for set-up
6. And it takes between 12-15 hours to set up one Disney On Ice show
7. But just about 4 hours to tear down the entire production
8. Over 80 different colours of paint are used on the 183 props for this production
9. The youngest performer on this year’s show is 19-years-old and the oldest is 44-years-old
10. Each performer may change up to 8 costumes in one show
Date: 11 March 2016 to 20 March 2016
Venue: Singapore Indoor Stadium
Receive VIP treatment when you purchase the Magical Moment Package. The Magical Moment Package worth $200, includes:
- 1 rink side seat (1st row only)
- Priority entrance access via VIP entrance
- Crowd-free merchandise shopping opportunity (30mins before general doors open)
- 1 VIP Lanyard
- 1 Event Poster
- Post show meet & greet
To book your tickets for Disney On Ice’s Magical Ice Festival , you may purchase them online via: www.sportshubtix.sg.
Thanks to Feld Entertainment, here’s your chance to win a family package for 4 tickets to Disney On Ice’s presents Magical Ice Festival this March school holidays!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Giveaway ends on 12 Feb at 23:59pm
- Only readers residing in Singapore is eligible for this giveaway
- Winners will be notified via email and have 24 hours to respond to email otherwise a new winner will be drawn
- All false FB accounts will be disqualified from the giveaway
*A Juggling Mom received complimentary tickets to watch Disney On Ice’s presents Magical Ice Festival. Photos are used with credits to Feld Entertainment.