Apologies for the sporadic updates on the blog and Facebook Page as I’ve been taking things slow after my op. I had a bad case of gastric flu and suspect it could even be a case of mild food poisoning that had me running to the loo and dealing with painful bloatedness last week. No fun at all.
Thankfully, I got better over the weekend and even made it for Sophie’s year end concert. She has been practicing hard for it for months and I hated to disappoint her. Like every parent seated among the audience, I beamed with pride as I saw her give it her best for her dance and skit item. But alas, my poor immunity saw me catching a cold after a short trip out so I’m back resting again and loading up on the vitamin C.
I was planning to put up an Advent Calendar this year to count down to Christmas like what we planned last year. But I was in for a shock when I found out that I ran out of my craft supplies needed to make the advent calendar that I had in mind.
After I did a search on Pinterest, I came across this idea of doing Random Acts of Kindness or RACK for short and instead take this opportunity to bless those around me. I think it’s so much more meaningful, after all isn’t Christmas a season of giving?
The idea is like advent calendar where you do one thing from the 1st of December as you count down to Christmas. And in this case, the mission is to do a random act of kindness to bless those around you. It can be as simple as paying someone a compliment or passing on your parking coupon if your time is not up. Letting the person behind you in the queue go first or donating food to a charity organisation.
I rounded up a couple of sites with plenty of ideas and hope that this inspires you to be a blessing to someone. After all, we are blessed to be a blessing.
Coffeecups and Crayons– the blogpost that inspired this post
Pillow Thought– some great ideas to bless someone
Everyday road to healthy – I’m copying some of their ideas from here
And here’s my list which I’m planning to involve the family including Sophie since I’m not going to be out much this month.
24 Random Acts of Christmas Kindness
- Make thank you cards for Sophie’s childcare teachers
- Give a call to grandparents and tell them I love you
- Make holiday decorations for the neighbours
- Do a chore that your spouse normally does
- Donate to a charity (this year we are support Club Rainbow)
- Pack up books and toys and donate them to a charity organisation
- Send dessert to the next table in a restaurant
- Slip an encouraging note to the next person when you return the library book
- In support of Giving Tuesday, give up something and donate that money to a cause
- Offer a seat to those in need
- Make Christmas cards and pop them into random letter box
- Tape a dollar coin to a vending machine
- Candy cane bomb the neighbourhood carpark
- Bake treats for Sophie’s class
- Write a compliment to a service staff you gave you good service
- Put money in the Salvation Army bucket
- Make get well cards for the kids in the childrens ward
- Pay for someone’s coffee
- Stop to help someone with a map in mind
- Offer to babysit so that a friend can do some last minute Christmas shopping
- Hold the door or lift for someone
- Bless the mailman or lady with a Christmas treat
- Bring coffee for all my colleagues
- Sing carols for the family during the Christmas gathering at Grandma’s place
And you know what, demonstrating compassion and care for the those in need is what our kids need to see more of from us to remind them just how blessed they are. After all, as parents, we need to walk the talk. Remember, we are blessed to be a blessing!
Link up for Motivational Mondays
Do link up every Monday on what motivates you to be better be it a fitness goal, parenting, marriage, etc. Share your recent posts and encourage someone. Share your recent posts and encourage someone. Don’t forget to grab my badge and include it in your post after you have linked up and leave me a comment too.
I host Motivational Monday every week and I hope that you can join me every Monday. Have a great week ahead!
<div align="center"><a href="https://ajugglingmom.com/category/motivational-monday/" title="www.ajugglingmom.com"><img src="https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/Susan_koh/MM-1.jpg" alt="www.ajugglingmom.com" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
‘); // ]]>